Monday, September 7, 2009

Inspiration
























We had the opportunity to watch (photograph and even video tape) this baseball player warming up before the game about a week ago. Watching him stretch was inspiring. I have not been doing my floor routine in the morning and my body feels (and shows) it. It always makes me feel good to stretch and to have flexibility. Athletes are inspiring. The strength and the range of movement they achieve.. I never thought of baseball as anything but running and throwing, and hitting the ball with the bat. I've watched more of the sport this year than ever before in my life. I now see the ballet and acrobatics - the jumping, reaching, diving, sliding, twirling, leaping, running, twisting, and so on.. No wonder he's stretching.

Physical therapy involves a variety of stretches for me. Stretches I never thought of doing. I used to think stretching before a work out was a waste of time. I feel silly admitting that now. Anyway I have a new found respect for it.. and am starting a new routine inspired by watching this fine athelete!










1 comment:

Doc Manette said...

Wow, I never really think about BB players being flexible - the ones I like always seem a bit overweight.

I am so so sorry to read about your daughters best friend's tragic death. Too young and I know it is very shocking and will seem so surreal for awhile.

Hang in there with the job. At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.