Friday, January 9, 2009

Slow Return to Normal

This week went OK. Grandson and I started going to the gym. I did nothing but cardio. I am returning my body to Normal and getting out of Holiday Gain mode. I have had a couple of weird set backs - gram crackers in the middle of the night (I hate that stuff) and some chocolate last night. Probably a rebellion in response to prudent eating during the day. I've been going with the lean protein and the complex carbs, heavier on protein and lighter on the carbs and avoiding all the junk.. I do my push ups in the morning and ab work but not as much as I was doing. I am getting my habits back in place. It feels good. I still feel the puff of the gain but it is temporary and not a continuous trend. It's going away. I want to focus on the here and now and make that my priority. There are goodies still at work left over from holiday treats. They are not happening for me today.

We are also getting our sleep back to normal. We are all tired at night. Daughter has been going to sleep very early and getting up at 5 a.m. I have been very sluggish in the mornings and tired in the evening, too. I am very glad it is Friday!!!

More will be revealed!!!!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Hi there...I have been reading your blog for quite some time...I am working on this darn weight loss too...and am inspired by your post! I have nominated you for an award "The Marie Antoinette - A Real Person, A Real Award!"...you can check out the info on my blog www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com
Enjoy!
Denise

Bea said...

I'm baaaaack. I loved the live lightly post. I too want to live lightly but completely. I have been "weighted" down for too long by too much. Bye

Laura N said...

Hey Cindy, you haven't posted for a while. Hope you are doing OK. Let us know what's up with you.