Thursday, August 4, 2011

Grateful


I like to look back a year once and a while and see where I was. Last year at this time we were still finishing up my mother's move after my father's death. I had not started my regular walking yet, which is one of the things that drew me out of that deep depression. But I was getting close. I had ordered some HCG, I had tried the Body for Life and other somewhat drastic measures but could not stick with them. I was frustrated.

I am grateful today that I have more self-acceptance and that I took measures to address my depression, even though it was a slow progress. I have not given up on losing the last 10 or 20 pounds. And I believe I can. I am grateful that I have made some major positive changes in the past year. Changing jobs was one of them. Finding some spiritual guidance was another. There are several. They address my daily well-being emotionally and spiritually.

Yesterday was another balanced day. I went to the gym on my way home. I am looking forward to going on my little birthday getaway. I am meeting a man who lives near my friend's house. That might be interesting. And I get to go to the falls and clear my mind, and heal.

I took this picture last year when I out hiking in the fall. That was a nice phase in my life. It was solitary and I remember feeling a little lonely doing all those hikes alone, but it was meditative, and part of my healing process. I like pictures of paths, roads, walkways - symbolic of looking forward, staying on a path, and the excitement of new discoveries ahead.

More will be revealed!

4 comments:

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura N said...

Interesting, I wrote about one year ago on my blog today. We are in sync, yet again.

Happy birthday! I hope you have a lovely, peaceful weekend.

It is so great to hear how much better you are doing, and it helps to write down all the positive changes you've made, and see them all listed together. Really shows how much work you've done.

Take care & see you again here soon.

Laura N said...

How are things going, Cindy? Just checking in with you.

Bea said...

Hey Kiddo where are you? I am allowed to go missing for months on end, but not you.