Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Best Bike Ride




This morning I had the best bike ride. I went to the trail right after dropping daughter off at school so it was around seven thirty. I rode to the middle of the bridge over the river to see the red sunrise sky. There was a cloud covering that took on a bright red/pink shade. It was very nice. Then I rode down the big hill to the river trail. I rode further than I have been on this particular trail and then turned back to go further in the other direction. I had not had breakfast or even coffee so I was not going to make this a marathon, I just wanted to see areas I had not seem before and then go home for breakfast. I ended up biking for a full hour. The finish is going up a very long steep hill. They made it a gradual climb but it is still steep and long. I felt very accomplished when I finished. I know I feel a little out of shape these days but I must still be in pretty good shape to do that hill!


So now I am home sipping my coffee with one tablespoon of fat free half and half for whopping ten calories. I also made a hot whole grain (seven grain) cereal. I have never had this cereal before and I was debating what to put in it and decided to eat it without anything so I could taste the grains. It is very good in it's natural state. I like to taste foods in their most natural state before adding other foods or flavors. I can taste the grains and there is already a variety of flavors going on. Delicious. I love warm cereals. I rarely add anything but perhaps fruit or a splash of milk, sprinkle of cinnamon, occasionally a dab of really good peach preserves.


What a great way to start the day! One thing I have noticed on my biking and drives lately is that the prettiest leaves so far are right in my neighborhood, outside my house in fact. Gives me a pleasant feeling to arrive back at home and see the grand finale of fall colors right in front of me. I appreciate my home very much. I thought I'd be doing a lot of house cleaning on my time off but it turns out I haven't and I am okay with that. I was sort of stressing about it and my daughter suggested I just use this time to enjoy and not worry so much about cleaning. We always have cleaning to do. This is a special time for me to do things I enjoy, while also taking care of some things before I start working again. I do love where I live and even when it is a bit messy I still enjoy the cozy atmosphere. I realized lately that my home is decorated much like the cozy coffee houses I enjoy. I choose comfy furniture, variety in seating. It's just a nice place to sit and read, gather round a table, enjoy a meal, or a fire. I really like the way it is put together, indoor and out.


I have been downing myself lately for not keeping off those nagging ten pounds. I have been focusing on the negatives of my body instead of the positives. I never lose weight that way. So I am turning it around and appreciating what I have to work with. I have kept 50 pound off that I lost over a period of years. There was a time when I never I would lose even that much. I exceeded my own expectations. It is fine to want better and to keep striving but I want to remember to be grateful for accomplishments and keep positive. That lurking self loathing needs to be backed down so I can gain my momentum and move forward.


More will be revealed!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Lovely path! You are lucky to have great paths to ride on.

Always be positive, that will help you get off those 10 pounds a lot easier than if you beat yourself up :D

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.