Friday, September 19, 2008

Carb Depleted Girl

It is around 3 the afternoon of Day One. In addition to carb depletion I may have a little bit of caffeine depletion going on. I have replaced my coffee beverages which include milk, etc. (carbs galore) with plain tea - black tea, chai, herbal ginger, etc. I like tea so it is not a huge thing. But I have my moments. Funny how I associate my creamy coffee and my frozen coffee with certain things.

Food has been exact as to plan. I started craving a meal about a half hour ago, shortly after lunch but I staved it off with hot tea. I really want my protein shake but I am going to hold off. I have three more meals, basically - the shake, then dinner, then a snack. When I look at the plan it looks like plenty of food. But I am starting to feel the depletion. I feel a little bit like I am going to wilt.

I have only done two File Room trips due to circumstances beyond my control - work deadlines and school nurse trip. I felt fine in the a.m. but this past one felt a little harder. I am focusing more on sticking to the food plan rather than getting tons of exercise during this week one. But I want to keep up some kind of minimum just to maintain my habit of exercise itself.

Gotta run, work is very busy...probably a good thing..less time to ponder missing carbs! It feels good to be doing this plan, doing something new, something drastic. I think weight loss and fitness has become a hobby.
I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are just the type of person I am writing to at Heart Failure Solutions.

Don't let the name scare you. It is an online community to aid your vitality building efforts with education and the support of new friends.

Check out every post in the Water Retention category, I'll keep them coming, and hope to have a forum up soon.

Come apply what you learn and ask questions if you have them.

Many blessings,
You'll find us at
http://HeartFailureSolutions.com