Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not Eating Pasta

I am blogging instead of eating pasta. I started eating some and I stopped. I had a non scale victory moment today. I was at the warehouse to do my boxes of documents review. The guy in charge was telling me that I would need help lifting the boxes and he commented - they keep sending the "skinny girls" over. I was classified with the skinny girls. I felt far from a skinny girl this morning but guess what, I will take it. I wanted to give him a big hug or ask him to marry me. But he is already married. Anyhow. I am not eating pasta. I made myself a serving. I had a couple of bites then I put it away. Not doing it. Today after Grandson's honors band concert I took him to get ice cream. I had a diet coke. That's a non scale victory. Drinking diet soda while somebody eats ice cream. This better work....

3 comments:

Laura N said...

I'm glad you got a compliment. Those always feel good. Most people don't see our extra 10 pounds like we see it. Thank goodness. And good for you for stopping the pasta.

Lori G. said...

I've been catching up; you really ARE skinny! Isn't it funny how our heads/minds see us one way and the rest of the world another? (And it can work in reverse too, I know)

Good for you for stopping the pasta and having the Diet Coke after the band concert. You're really doing a great job with the job and I know the people will look out for you. You're such a wonderful person and I feel confident that everyone who has worked with you worked with a conscientious, kind and hard working woman. I hope that job in S. Ca. works out!

Bea said...

Good for you stopping the weight gain at a few pounds. Gain no more than five is a rule I read somewhere.

And...do not let the regain attain too much importance in your life. I have been obsessed about the twenty pounds I gained and have been living in some sort of twilight fat hell for a year. I gave up living "until I lost it again." No more. Yes I would like to be thinner, but the self hatred is hurting me more than the fat. We are more than the sum of our parts.

How go the estrogen wars? Cheers